make a difference!
Heating, Ventilation and Cooling system efficiency
Sustainable Building Materials
The reduction in use of new materials creates a corresponding reduction in embodied energy
This is the new techniques of sustainable architecture.
1- Sustainable Energy
- Arrangement of rooms
- Sizing and Orientation of windows
- Building Insulation
- Site and building orientation
- Passive solar building designs
- Solar shading
- Window types
- Louvers or light shelves
- Blinds or shutters, to relieve the solar heat gain in summer and to reduce the need for artificial cooling
- Louvers allowing the sunlight IN during the winter (when the sun is lower in the sky) and keep is OUT in the summer (when the sun is high in the sky)
- Solar panels
- Photovoltaic solar panels help to provide sustainable electricity for any use
- Electrical output of a solar panel is dependent on orientation, efficiency, latitude, and climate
- Solar gain varies even at the same latitude
- Roofs are often angled toward the sun to allow photovoltaic panels to collect at maximum efficiency
- Wind turbines
- Wind turbines achieve energy production capacity at speeds of 32-37 mph and shut off to avoid damage at speeds exceeding 55 mph
- The size of blade length combined with the wind speed will define the potential energy of a wind turbine
- Small-scale rooftop wind turbines have been known to be ruble to generate power from 10% to up o 25% of the electricity required of a regular domestic household dwelling
- Solar water heating
- The two most common types of collector panels are Flat Plate and Evacuated tubes
- Electric-resistance water heaters that are common in homes today, have an electrical demand around 4500 kW h/year With the use of solar collectors, the energy use is cut in half.
- Geothermal energy
- It is a heat exchange systems that can use heat pumps to indirectly tap into the heat wells underground
- Sustainable homes and businesses are taking advantage of these systems to cut down their energy cost5 and Neel great about using renewable sources that cause the least environmental impact.
- Ecological boiler
- The boiler tank is filled with granular materials like pellets, almonds, olive, peach, cherry, seeds and pine nuts
- Using this material allows a heating cost saving of up to 80% compared to the use of traditional heating systems
2-Sustainable Building Materials
Materials that are rapidly replenished
Lower volatile organic compounds
Organic or milk-based paints
Recycled denim or cellulose for insulation
Significant amounts of energy are flushed out of buildings in the water, air and compost streams. Recycling technologies stale air and transfer that energy into incoming fresh cold water or fresh air Sustainable architecture focuses on the on-site use of waste management, incorporating things such as grey water systems for use on garden beds, and composting toiles to reduce Sewage. These methods, when combined with on-site food waste composting and off-site recycling, can reduce a house’s waste to a small amount of packaging waste.
The time has arrived to take the necessary steps to preserve livable conditions on earth
One key way to do it is to reduce and ultimately phase out the CO2 emissions produced by the building sector h by transforming the way the buildings are designed, built and operated.
To reduce the energy needs of buildings and increase their ability to capture or generate their own energy.